Option 1: $30/day/ENGINE - $2,000 deductible/claim /ENGINE - covers loss and damage to boat and motor
Option 3: No insurance - renter responsible for all damages regardless of fault.
Note: Renters are NOT required to purchase insurance. It is NOT mandatory. However, if renter declines insurance, renter may be liable for the retail fair market replacement value of the boat and engine regardless of fault. Repairs are at Bluewave Boat Rentals Ltd’s costs.
Insurance is not available for the Stuart 26' and the Dusky 33'.
The insurance policy covers the boat and engine only within the Abaco Sound when used in compliance with the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
Insurance does not cover any damage to the boat or motor when used outside of the Abaco Sound or on the Atlantic side of the Abaco Cays.
The insurance policy does not apply to any personal injury arising from the use of any Bluewave Boat Rentals Ltd. equipment and I agree to be responsible for and to indemnify and hold harmless, Bluewave Boat Rentals Ltd. (its principles, employees, and agents), against ALL injury of any kind which may occur to any person or property arising directly or indirectly howsoever during my rental of the said boat, engine, and other equipment.
Renter is fully responsible for any damages sustained while the boat is operated by anyone under the age of 18 years old.
The insurance is not available for the 26’ Stuart or 33’ Dusky.
Bluewave Boat Rentals Ltd. Hereby reserves all rights and claims to relief to recover from the renter any and all damage which are either not covered by the said insurance policy or in instances where insurance is not purchased.
Renter agrees to provide Blue Wave Boat Rentals Ltd. 1 month advance notice of any scheduling changes or pay a service charge not to exceed the rental period reserved.
Reservation will be valid until you receive a confirmation of the cancellation via e-mail, fax, or verbal confirmation by phone from a Blue Wave staff member.
Boat Rental Policy
The renter agrees:
- To at all times operate the boat in daylight between the hours of SUNRISE and SUNSET.
- To at all times to operate the boat within the Abaco Sound between Green Turtle Cay to the north and Little Harbour to the south.
- To dock, anchor, or secure the boat and equipment when not operating the boat to prevent damage to boat, motor, equipment and/or dock, neighboring boats, and persons.
- When docking/anchoring/securing the boat and equipment to ensure that it is sufficiently secured to withstand existing and/or changing weather conditions.
- To pay the appropriate service charge for any service required as a result of my carelessness or neglect in respect to the boat including but not limited to towage and any other charges if I am found to have taken the boat outside of the Abaco Sound.
- To be responsible for any legal costs or expenses connected with the breach of this Agreement or the collection of any debts incurred by reason of any damage to the boat or whatsoever expenses incurred during the time I have it rented.
- That I am familiar with the geographical boundaries of the Abaco Sound Area.
- That I have the necessary experience to safely operate the boat that I have rented and that I will forfeit my rental if Bluewave Boat Rentals Ltd. is not satisfied with my operation/knowledge of the boat that I have rented.
- That boats returned late are subject to additional charges and that credit will not be given for inclement weather.
- That the rental cost of the boat DOES NOT include gas or oil consumed (1 gal. of oil added for every 50 gal. of fuel).
- Not to water ski, tow another craft, or engage in any act that involves pulling or towing of any person, vessel, and/or object by the boat.
- That, if I allow more than _________ persons to be on the boat at any one time that I will pay a fine of $10,000.00 and forfeit my rental immediately. Initials: ______________
- That in the event any of the said terms and conditions are breached, I will forfeit my rental and reimburse Bluewave Boat Rentals Ltd. for any and all damages/repairs that result.